The Disaster Resilient Universities® (DRU) Network provides risk and safety administrators and practitioners with peer-to-peer opportunities to cultivate a multidisciplinary approach to organizational resilience at our universities.
Digital Threat Assessment
How to Identify, Assess, and Respond to Online Threats
Digital Threat Assessment training provides participants with direct skills and tools that are effective and can be utilized by your Safety/Threat Assessment teams. This training is facilitated by Safer Schools Together and held via Zoom.
August 18, 2023
A core component of the DRU is sharing disaster resilience information with members. The DRU Library is a digital collection of resources covering a wide range of resilience topics. The DRU Resource Library builds upon the work of the former National Center for Campus Public Safety’s (NCCPS) resource library.
Membership in the DRU is currently free.
An institution can have multiple DRU members. Memberships is tied to an individual, university-provided email (.edu).
Member benefits include:
- Inclusion in the DRU Network listserv which enables information sharing with members across the country.
- Peer-to-peer networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Access to a range of risk, resilience, and safety resources.
- Access to DRU events. These are great places to connect with other safety and risk administrators, learn about resilience topics, and generate ideas for making your campus more resilient.
The DRU fills a critical need for practitioners charged with ensuring the safety, resilience, and emergency preparedness of institutions for higher education (IHEs) across the country by offering simple yet essential resources to share information on best practices across the professional disciplines at no cost to colleges and universities.
To become a DRU member, fill out the Membership Request Form.
DRU Network Listserv
The DRU Network is a professional peer-to-peer network that provides simple resources intended to increase communication, coordination, and collaboration between universities worldwide. It can be used to make our campuses more disaster resilient.
The DRU listserv is one of those simple resources. You must have a university-provided email (.edu) to subscribe. The list is monitored for inappropriate posting: personal attacks, equipment or product advertising, or spam. Offenders will be removed and banned from the list.
The DRU listerv is a closed list. To request membership, please fill out all required fields in the membership request form.
Building Disaster Resilience
Cultivating a disaster resilient university or college campus is a complex challenge that requires a focused effort by the entire university community. The DRU network's interdisciplinary approach leverages members' knowledge and expertise to provide technical assistance and resources.
To become a more resilient university, we strive for proficiency in three areas:
- Strong leadership and culture. This stimulates the ability to stay aware, stay engaged, adapt, and make good decisions.
- Well-developed networks. This helps us use partnerships to leverage assets efficiently.
- Change readiness. This requires active planning, proactive thinking, and innovative problem-solving.
By creating links with campus partners to assess and address vulnerabilities, our campuses can continue to innovate and excel.
A disaster resilient university is able to adapt and thrive in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
Catch up with the latest news and updates from the DRU.